Saturday, March 17, 2007

Crazy Delicious









So i'm not really an avid fan of licorice (in fact, black licorice makes me wanna throw up a little), but every now and then a little red twist every now and then is nice. Say, at the movies...

Well I was in my Universities little pit stop (ya know the convenience store type of place that pumps us college kids with late night soda, candy, hot pockets, etc.) and I was looking around at the candy just curious about the nutrition facts. Naively I glance down at the allergen info.












Ingredients go as follows: Corn Syrup, Wheat flour, Citric Acid, Articfial Flavor, Red 40


ooooooook. WHAT the HELL?!?! Now, i thought soy sauce was random as hell to have wheat in it, but LICORICE?!?

That's absurd, reeaaaallly absurd. This means last weekend when I had a few twists of Red Vines, I poisoned myself. wow.

WOW.

All this work for nothing. I wasted my eating of wheat on something I really don't even like. I'm a little angry. At myself. At red vine. I should've been more careful, but I never ever thought licorice would have wheat.


siiiigh


-----------------
-------------

On Another Note.
I made Gluten-Free brownies today









Bob's Red Mill GF Brownies.

My friend Molly and I went into the only kitchen available for students use, and since they had no pans I made brownie cupcakes. If I had camera, there would be delictable pictures of the whole process. However, I have camera phone pictures. Beautiful, stunning quality I must say.














Mmmm....Brownies with Walnuts.












This was my first experience in GF cooking, and it was pretty successful I'd say. Soy milk + GF Brownie= Crazy Delicious!
--------------
-------------------


Thank Jesus for my Wii. It's the only thing keeping me entertained right now

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that you put a picture from SNL's "Crazy Delicious" skit. Hilarious. Also, I'm sorry we don't have more gluten-free candy for you down at the pit stop. I do believe all of the "Amy's" products are gluten-free, just FYI.

Jenni said...

Yea, It makes me really happy that the Pit Stop carries Amy's products. Not all the stuff is GF but a good deal is. I think it's great that I can look in the cooler and not just see mounds of pizza and hot pockets but something i can eat as well.