Sunday, March 11, 2007

Not so super market

Living in Southern California, there is an abundance of the same stores within a few miles of each other i.e. Ralphs, Starbucks, Del Taco, Rite Aid, etc

In fact there are two Ralphs on one street near my school. The difference for me is that one Ralphs carries gluten-free cereal and the other doesn't. But that's just it. Cereal. Nothing else gluten-free. Shouldn't a big, chain, supermarket carried food for everyone?

Grocery stores back home in Sugar Land, TX carry gluten-free foods.

I'd always thought of California as more health aware and food forward, especially orange county.

So come one Ralphs!!! Stop disappointing me and feed me!!

-------------
----------------

Today's Plate!

Brunch: Omelet with sausage, mushroom, onion, and cheese. Hashbrowns and tea.

Dinner: Crispy Brown Rice Cereal with Mixed Berries***and a Non-Fat, Sugar-Free Vanilla Steamer froms Starbucks. Followed later by a dark chocolate caramel from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.


***

















------------------
------------

Somedays your meals just aren't balanced

3 comments:

mary fran | frannycakes said...

Hi! I just found your blog on the Gluten Free Goddess blog. I am also a college student who recently found out that she had to live on a gluten-free diet (in august), and I just started my gluten free diet myself. Its just good to know I'm not the only college student out there who eats what all my friends refer to as "that weird stuff".

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi.

Katie Stephens said...

Though I may not have a personal connection to your blog, I think that for ALL those people that do, you are making a difference...hence the comment above. Good work so far:)

JustineA said...

Great topic! I never really knew what gluten was until you talked about it. I also would have thought California would have more health conscience foods for all kinds of people. I enjoy how you post your meals for the day very interesting!