Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Truth Is...



Amen!


There is NO reason for wheat to be used in fake crab meat or soy sauce! That limits my sushi choices sooooo much! Like my friend Kei said, you can tell the quality of a sushi restaurant by how good the California Roll tastes. Well, I guess someone else will have to tell me since they have fake crab meat in them.


----------------------
------------------------------
Who wants to hear that I ate cottage cheese, peanut butter, and a banana for brunch? Not me...
If I had an oven, this is what I would have made...

Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
recipe taken from notjustdinner.blogspot.com




3 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp butter
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
4 extremely ripe bananas
1/2 of a 10-oz package of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Turbinado sugar

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Combine the baking mix, 1/3 cup sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs. Beat the egg and milk together, then mash the bananas and add them to the egg and milk. Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Mix together and then add the chocolate chips.

Drop by 1/2 cupfuls on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar. Bake for 16 minutes, until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a scone comes out clean.

Makes 10 scones.


----------------------
-------------------------

If gluten went to middle school, he'd be a bully

1 comment:

Sea said...

The better sushi restaurants will substitute real crab for fake crab in California rolls.. It might cost a little more, but it is really worth it. Unfortunately there's no subbing for the yummy seafood salad rolls. sniff. For a a cheaper, always GF roll, you can always go really untraditional and order an avocado roll. I love them and they are always a bargain.

-seamaiden

visit my gluten free blog
www.bookofyum.com